Stair climbing is a safe and an easy exercise for most of us in our daily lives. Its a powerful and cost effective exercise anyone can use. By making a habit of using the stairs instead of escalators and lifts, we can, through small increments, make a significant difference to our health over time. Any increase in activity helps you keep fit. Walking up stairs is a good way to increase stamina, fitness levels and to burn more calories than walking on a level surface. It helps to raise your metabolism which in turn, burns body fat.
Benefits of stair climbing exercise :
- Walking up and down a flight of stairs could lower blood sugar levels in people with insulin resistance
- Lowers cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease
- Less pressure on joints than running or jogging and reduces the risk of osteoarthritis
- Strengthens muscles through a total body workout and going down the stairs stimulates bone growth
- Weight loss, allowing you to lead an active and independent life
Team of researchers from University of Geneva found that taking the stairs instead of the lift could lead to better health with less body fat and a drop in blood pressure.
Adopt simple routines such as climbing the stairs instead of taking the elevator.Climbing five flights in a day can help you burn around 25 calories per day!. Choose stairs for better health and fitness.