Burn Fat through Proper Breathing
Breathing is a natural process, so most of us barely pay attention to it. Typically, we get by with short and shallow breaths as they are enough to keep us going. This pattern of breathing limits our access to oxygen. Fat burning does not happen without enough oxygen in the body.
Oxygen is essential for the production of ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate). ATP is responsible for fat burning. Oxygen is the central fuel for metabolism and energy production. When you don’t take in enough oxygen with each breath, your metabolism automatically slows down.
The Oxygen molecules in each breath are important to brain function. They also feed mitochondria, the tiny cellular furnace that generate energy and burn off fat.
Poor posture contributes to oxygen starvation. We need to stand or sit in ways that allow us to breathe most naturally. We also need to be active, because when we are not, we don’t get the neurological signals demanding that we breathe deeply and often. Most of us get a whole lot of practice sitting, without much training at all in breathing.
Breathing exercises increase oxygen intake and circulation throughout the body. This stimulates metabolism and fat burning, so you are slimming down with literally every breath you take. This exercise helps improve the elasticity of your rib cage and your breathing power.
- Lie on your back on mat
- Relax your body and flatten your lower back, gently pressing it towards the floor. As you do so keep your head aligned with your spine. Allow your neck to lengthen as much as possible.
- Place your hands on either side of your rib cage, with your palms and fingers pressing lightly against your ribs.
- Inhale slowly and deeply through your nose. To make sure you are using your diaphragm, life and expand your chest fully as your maximize the inhalation.
- Exhale slowly through your nose or your nose and mouth
- Rest for several moments, breathing normally.
- Repeat the exercise, again expanding your chest against some light hand pressure, but this time lift your ribs a little higher.
Proper Breathing Benefits
- Promotes fat loss and increases metabolism
- Reduces Stress
- Increases oxygen levels
- Improves blood circulation
- Supports detoxification by releasing toxins
- Improves energy levels